Views

Sunday 13 February 2011

Drunken Fails - Ben Style

"Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech"

(I need a new prescription in my left contact lens. I'm pretty much Gordon Brown right now.)

It started with an extremely enjoyable party at the Gaardster's where lots of fun(ny) stuff happened (and as usual, mostly not to me; apart from a really long hug with Aryan, long chats with new people and the occasional block (i prefer my girls not drooling/chundering from bingeing)), I went home early (a mistake having heard about all the stuff that happened after) to make sure my bitch hadn't died. Walked home to the comforting sound of Fortismere drunks crying in gutters and made record time! I got in around 12.30. My bitch wasn't dead. All was good in the world once more.


This was when I realised that i wasn't tired at all. I also realised that my room was disgusting. So I went on an alcohol-induced cleaning rampage, which i'm prone to do if you didn't know. First of all i alphabetised my main bookcase. Then my auxiliary bookcase and my secondary bookcase. Then i started the task of sorting through the ridiculously large amount of crap (miscellaneous items, not excrement!) that has been accumulating in my room for the past, i dunno, 2 years maybe? Nearly half of it was doodles and half of the rest was last years work. Anywho, it was around 4am when i got tired and promptly fell asleep into the 8 neatly stacked piles of work/books on my bed (in addition to the 28 covering my floor and desk). I awoke at 8am with my The Duchess of Malfi Act 1 Scene 2 notes uncomfortably stuck to my cheek. Probably the most uncomfortable sleep i've ever had in my life. I could barely move for an hour because my EngLit ring binder was protruding into my back the whole night. My shoulder is also in huge amounts of pain. To make matters worse, as i got up i knocked 50% of my previously neatly stacked work onto 50% of the neatly stacked work on the floor! I also realised that in my drunken haze my bookcases hadn't been "alphabetised", but merely had had all books removed then replaced at odd angles! Spent the whole morning clearing it up.


I think the lesson i've learnt from this experience is to not go home drunk and still have energy. Go home when i'm extremely tired and have expended all energy, to prevent future room-organisation fail. Reasonable huh?


I was thinking for a future post to do something about 2012 and how ridiculously absurd that film is from a geographical perspective.


Anywho...


(p.s. For the purposes of continuity; "my bitch" is my dog Katie. She's awesome :))

No comments:

Post a Comment